Tikki Masala with Chef Rafer
• 1 cup yogurt (thick Plain Greek)
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 tsp cumin, red pepper, Coriander, curry powders
• 4 teaspoons salt, or to taste
• 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
• 4 long skewers
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 3 teaspoons salt, or to taste
• 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
• 1/2 cup heavy cream , ½ non fat milk
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, and seasoning, Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Preheat a grill for high heat.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.
4. Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic. Add salt and a little pepper to taste. Stir in tomato sauce ,milk and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with fresh cilantro.
And Serve with Hot Naan…Holy Delicious!
4 cups All purpose flour
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/4th teaspoon Baking soda
1 teaspoon of Salt
1 Egg, beaten
6 Tablespoons plain Yogurt (room temperture)
3 Tablespoons Butter or ghee, melted
About 1 Cup of luke warm milk
3 tbs chopped cilantro
Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
Stir in the beaten egg, yogurt and 2 tablespoons of the butter or ghee. Gradually stir in enough milk to make a soft dough. Knead well. Cover with a damp cloth and place in a warm place for 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Knead dough on a floured surface for 2 or 3 minutes until smooth. Divide into 8 pieces.
Roll each piece into a ball then into ovals about 6 to 8 inches long. Grease a baking sheet with oil. Brush both the sides of the rolled out Naan with oil. Sprinkle one side with poppy seeds. Place it ( poppy seed side up) on the baking sheet.
Bake for 6 to 10 minutes until puffy and lightly golden brown. The bread puffs slightly, lightly browns on the sides.